Highlighted

Importing Word to RH 2017 Project - TOC is empty

Enthusiast ,
Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest RH 2017 and Word Version 2002 (12527.20278) from Office 365

RoboHelpers,

In RH, I'm trying to create a new folder and chapter in an existing RH project. I'm interested in importing just the structure from Word to get the topics created for this new chapter. (I'll add the actual documentation into each topic later.) To that end, the Word document I'm importing only contains the headings.

The topics import fine.

But the TOC is empty.

I've created the TOC in the word document with the desired 4 TOC headings. Is this a bug, or am I missing something? Admittedly, it's been a while since I've had to import something from Word but I think I'm doing it right.

Any thoughts are appreciated. Thank you for your help.

Nevermind. I got it to work. I think the issue is that I was importing the doc a second time and the second time through I chose not to overwrite the already imported .htm files.

Once I re-imported a third time and I chose to overwrite the existing topics, the TOC entries were created.

Topics

Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Importing Word to RH 2017 Project - TOC is empty

Enthusiast ,
Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest RH 2017 and Word Version 2002 (12527.20278) from Office 365

RoboHelpers,

In RH, I'm trying to create a new folder and chapter in an existing RH project. I'm interested in importing just the structure from Word to get the topics created for this new chapter. (I'll add the actual documentation into each topic later.) To that end, the Word document I'm importing only contains the headings.

The topics import fine.

But the TOC is empty.

I've created the TOC in the word document with the desired 4 TOC headings. Is this a bug, or am I missing something? Admittedly, it's been a while since I've had to import something from Word but I think I'm doing it right.

Any thoughts are appreciated. Thank you for your help.

Nevermind. I got it to work. I think the issue is that I was importing the doc a second time and the second time through I chose not to overwrite the already imported .htm files.

Once I re-imported a third time and I chose to overwrite the existing topics, the TOC entries were created.

Topics

Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Enthusiast ,
Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines