• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In New Robohelp 2019, can you install new fonts?

Participant ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to use a different font from the fonts available in new Robohelp 2019. Can I do this? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fonts shown should be whatever is installed on your machine.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do let us know if you are finding otherwise.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

In Classic/Previous versions of Robohelp, we could import the font files as baggage and include it as part of the project. Basically, as you would know. doing this will show the correct font even if the end-user does not have that font on their system.

How can that be acheived in the new robohelp 2019?

Request your inputs.

Thanks

Sharada

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You shouldn't need to do anything other than install them on your machine. Are you not finding that?

Getting that working on the end users machines is another matter. As far as including them as baggage files to make them work on the end users machine, how would that get them installed on the end user's machine? I have seen reference to that method but I'm not so sure it worked. Have you actually proved it on a machine that doesn't have the font installed. What output were you generating?

The way of doing what you want is described in http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/fonts/fonts.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Thank you for sharing the link. I will follow your instructions for RH 2019.

Coming to linking font as baggage, yes it has worked successfully. My output had to be stored on cloud server which would be accessed by end-users.

I did this based on the following link and the fonts work as expected:

https://www.helpessentials.com/2014/11/29/adobe-robohelp-use-custom-fonts/

Thanks

Sharada

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah! Using @font-face. That's covered in the topic on my site and you will see that doing it the way I describe, you do not need to add it as baggage. The difference would be that is necessary in Classic versions where I haven't tested it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Correction. I reread what i put on my site. 🙂

I did test with Classic and you do have to upload the file as baggage. In 2019 New, it is not necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp