• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In RH2019 New UI, when exporting to PDF, each topic begins on a new page, how can I change this?

Participant ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export to PDF all my topics start on a new page. Can I change this? In the word output preset there is an option that allows you to configure whether or not you want all the topics to start on a new page. There is no option like this in the pdf output. All the topics in my project are H1. But I want them like this for the responsive html output.

If I output to Word, the TOC displays as a flat list of topics because all my topics are H1. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that you are between scylla and charybdis.

I believe Adobe are aware of these issues and I would expect them to be addressed. However, that doesn't solve your problem.

PDF is what it is for now. With Word you can at least change the heading levels post generation and insert some headings to replace the book titles.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for you advice Peter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp