Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inconsistent styles in pdf created from RH 2015

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My styles do not correctly map from the online to print (pdf) version. I used Arial font for my online help but get some randomly applied Garamond in the PDF version. I have checked all of my styles/settings and can't seem to figure out why this is happening.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Further testing has shown the CSS used contained print media definitions that were causing this. Commenting them out seems to have fixed the problem.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say "randomly applied", do you mean that the same text might be OK if you regenerate a second time and the problem will be somewhere else?

OR

Do you simply mean you cannot fathom the logic why the same random text is being "converted"?

If the latter, go to a browser and change the default font to Times. Then view your online help in that browser and check the same text. What happens there?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. I am not sure why some portions of the content in the PDF are not holding the styles from the css when a pdf is generated. The online help has consistent styles that align with the css.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried what I suggested?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did and unfortunately nothing changed with my PDF output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My question was about whether the same text showed with the wrong font in WebHelp. If it did, then that gives me a clue as to what is wrong. Please identify some text that is always wrong in PDF and then see if it is wrong in WebHelp, then post back.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As previously noted, the online help (HTML5) content has consistent styles applied that align with the css. No issues there.

Only styles in the pdf do not align with the css which has been selected for the printed output. For example, the list text is the correct font but the body text is not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I missed that.

Are you willing to send me one topic that has this problem? If you are, see

the Contact page on my site.

It would help if you can also send your CSS but we can start with just a

topic if that is a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the files you sent me, I suspect the problem is not random but related to all text in a table. Is that the case?

If so, it is because you have not applied a style to the content in the table. Try setting it to Normal first and let me know how that goes. It may or may not be that easy but it is an issue I am familiar with.

Let us know if that fixes it.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Further testing has shown the CSS used contained print media definitions that were causing this. Commenting them out seems to have fixed the problem.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp