Highlighted

Indentation issue in Numbered List with an icon/image (RH 2019.0.12)

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My work includes adding UI icons while writing steps to do something.

Upon doing the same, the indentation of the numbered list with the number got mismatched.

Please refer the attached image for depicting actual issue and suggest me if anything can be done.

NumberedListIssue.png

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Indentation issue in Numbered List with an icon/image (RH 2019.0.12)

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My work includes adding UI icons while writing steps to do something.

Upon doing the same, the indentation of the numbered list with the number got mismatched.

Please refer the attached image for depicting actual issue and suggest me if anything can be done.

NumberedListIssue.png

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it only display like that when editing in Robohelp, or also after you generate and view the output?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It is same as illustrated, at both the places... while editing as well as in the output also.
Actually, other steps are fine...it happens only in the case where I add some icon in the step.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A quick resolution to this would be highly appreciable as I need to fix it before the release, which is in just a week.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know you're only dealing with a user-to-user forum here, right?
Try updating and see if that makes any difference.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it will be something with how your css is defined, but I don't know what. I tried to recreate in a test project but can't.

The best I can think is that you create a new temporary project and gradually copy in your styles until you discover the change that makes your numbering misalign.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Amber, will try and let you know if got success.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, finally, it is solved, though in the output only.
I don't know how but in CSS, the position of the lists was set to Absolute...I just removed it and now the output is displaying fine, as required.

However, the source has still no change.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the style was not in your stylesheet, only in your output?

Can you post where you found the style, and what the name and settings were? If I have the details I might be able to find where the style comes from, so you can fix it properly, rather than fixing it every time you generate your help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No No...It's not in the output folder. I made the changes in the stylesheet only. I have removed this from the source code of the css:

Postion: Absolute

and after this when I generated the output it was working fine...

"However, the source has still no change.", with this line I meant even after changing the css source code...the indentation is not correctly displayed in the RH editor but the changes are reflected in the output.

Please let me know if you still need any code.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines