• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indenting a table in a numbered list to line up with step text RoboHelp 2019

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I chatted with RoboHelp Support about this but when I tried I still was unclear. I was told to right-click in the table, click Select, Table, which I did and the table is selected, then to select General and the ol list displays. (I'm assuming the style is because the table is in a number list). However, in the list of information you can set, I'm not sre what to choose: Alignment, Layout-Width or Layout-Margins.

I would like to know which one to set to indent my table, but an excplanation of each of these options would be helpful.

I have tried each of these and cannot get any of them to work.

Thanks,

MDawn

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like this relates to one of your earlier threads. Please ask there rather than create new threads. As I suggested there, we need to see screenshot of what you have along with details of what you want.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Backtracking on that. You were asking about lists there. Again though a screenshot would help.

The other option is to simply create a single topic project and play with those settings.

Put in something showing to show what you are trying to achieve  and I will try to explain.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm struggling to learn RoboHelp 2019! Here is my screenshot:

Table indent.jpg

In Properties, there are several fields that seem like they could be used to indent the table.

I want the left edge of the table to line up under the text in step 2.

thanks,

MDawn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, as you said, there are multiple options that you can use to achieve that. Right-click in the table, and select > Table. Now in properties panel, and try either of the following two options:

1. Expand Alignment properties, and use right-indent icon clipboard_image_1.png to align the table to list item text. It has fixed indentation unit of 40px.

2. Or, expand Layout properties, click on clipboard_image_2.png button to provide custom margin value to table alignment. Then, try putting left margin to table as shown here: clipboard_image_3.png

Please let me know if you are not able to change the table alignment using above options.

Regards,
Vikas Singla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try again using the Blue Reply button - they haven't hooked up the image button in the threaded reply (AFAIK so far)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No screenshot. You can either click the photo icon and follow the screen that appears or just paste it into the thread.

I just need something that shows me what you have managed and describing what needs to be done to get it how you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just sent it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An alternative that might be easier for you is to add a table to a new single topic project using whatever CSS you will use in your main project. Then see the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

Tomorrow I will try to get it back to you with what you want and an explanation of what I changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just sent it. You posted that before I said anything about sending a project so what you have you sent where.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MDawn

I was about to prepare something generic but I saw that Vikas Singla has responded with hopefully what you need.

The reason we didn't see your screenshot was because it was hidden as you used the Reply button below.

clipboard_image_0.png

Prior to some forum changes, only the first line of your post was showing so it looked like you had not managed to get the screenshot in, it just showed text. Today with the changes made to the forum replies are not contracted but please still use the Blue button.

clipboard_image_0.png

What that also does is keep posts in date order. Vikas' reply is the last one chronologically before this one but see where it is in the thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp