Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Index to bookmark in topic

Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH2015

I have a fairly long topic. About 3/4 of way down is a topic bookmark called "Sales Tax Calculation". If I click on the TOC entry in HTML 5 online help, it takes me to that location in the page.

If I create an index entry, it takes me to the start of the page and user has to scroll way down. If I select Cross reference and select the bookmark (not sure if this is the right hing to do). the index entry disappears when i regenerate

so how do I get the index to take the user to a specific location in the page/topic?

TIA

Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Hi Mark

Cross Reference is not what you want here.

I suppose there could always be a bug that was missed, but generally speaking, you *SHOULD* be able to simply ensure the bookmark is added to the "Topics For" area. From what you have described, it sounds as if you linked the TOPIC and not the Bookmark.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark

Cross Reference is not what you want here.

I suppose there could always be a bug that was missed, but generally speaking, you *SHOULD* be able to simply ensure the bookmark is added to the "Topics For" area. From what you have described, it sounds as if you linked the TOPIC and not the Bookmark.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. screen shot helped.

I can now correctly link to a TOC location

last issue is how to link to other things on page. In example below, I want to add an index entry for "Billing ZIP", but it's not a topic. How would I do that? I don;t see a way to make it a book mark or link an index entry to it

Index.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

See if this quick and dirty video helps.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick. Helped a lot (especially seeing difference between selecting text and clicking in margin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the most luck inserting a bookmark into the linked Word document (from inside Word, outside of RH, then update the HTML from within RH) right before the location where you want to bring the user, the index should bring you to the location (after you link the keyword to that bookmark)

Screen Shot 9.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp