Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indexing References

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team,

It takes more time to generate an output. Previous, It was not like that. 

Displays Indexing references loading and loading. 

can anyone help me on this.

Indexing References Error.png

TOPICS
New UI , Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell us what program you are using and someone will be along to move you to the appropriate forum.

Note that the Community Help forum is for help in how to use the Adobe Communities. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe RoboHelp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you comparing - "before" what? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not comparing 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said "It takes more time to generate an output. Previous, It was not like that. "

You are comparing the time now to something previously. When was it quicker? In an earlier version maybe? Before you made some change? Jeff is asking with what you are comparing the time it takes now.

Is it a large index?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In My Previous version, I didnt link cross-reference to other topics. 

After I gave cross-reference to a few topics. I am facing this issue "Indexing References"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was the "previous version" also with 2019 New UI or an earlier version of RoboHelp. Clearly cross indexing is an issue in your project but whether changing the version of RoboHelp also an issue has to be considered.

Have you set up the cross references as shown in the RoboHelp Reimagined sample project?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, both are RoboHelp 2019

No, i have not set up the cross references as shown in RoboHelp Reimagined.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also did you set up many cross references or did this happen with just a few set up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For few topics only i gave cross references

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team,

After removing the Cross References wherever I gave. Still, the problem is exists. Can you guide me how to find? like which topics those errors exist still.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so doing it your way is causing the output to fail to generate but you are not doing it the recommended way, correct?

Try doing it as in RoboHelp Reimagined or explain clearly why you are having or choosing to do it some other way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, please reply via the web page and use the first blue button at the top of the page to reply. Unless you do that the posts get out of date/time order and it is making it difficult for anyone trying to help you.

The easiest way to get out of this situation depends on whether you have done much work in the New UI version. If you have not, then maybe go back to your Classic version where it was working and upgrade again.

Can you share the project? If you can, then see the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct. Also include full details of how you were creating those cross references. You can email that information separately.

I will take a look but can't guarantee finding the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter Grainge,

It is not my intention to reply from another discussion. when i tried it was not working Blue Button. so i have used the working one. I ll keep a note for the same.

Yes, I have used the RH 2019 Version. I never used the classic version to do index references.

The project file contains 900+ pages major part is Date Field Descriptions (Tables). PFA, for the way I have given cross-reference.

Index References.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not my intention to reply from another discussion

I am not clear why you refer to "another discussion" as all I am talking about is the blue button after the first post of the page you are looking at in this thread. It could be the first post in page 3. Not to worry.

When you referred to cross references I was thinking of cross references in an index. With your screenshot I see you are talking about hyperlinks to other topics in the project. As you had only added a few, whilst the bigger the project, the more time it will take to generate, it should not be the sort of difference that brings you here. How long is it taking?

It might be worth trying to generate to a folder nearer the root of the drive. Try something like C:\RoboHelpOutput

If that doesn't help, please either describe the steps to create the link in detail or add some screenshots.

This hasn't been a problem generally with 2019, hence the difficulty in saying precisely what is causing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would be interested to learn how you resolved this. Trying to help someone with another issue I found something that resolved the problem, albeit I haven't yet ascertained why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp