• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indigo HTML5 layout - Glossary not filtering?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I've encountered a strange issue with the RoboHelp Indigo HTML5 layout we have built for our online help.  The 'Glossary' feature is not filtering (searching for a specific word) when I type something into the Filter Terms bar. (see screenshot below)  The Filter/Search terms DOES work however for the Index feature.

Is there something I can do to re-active or turn this functionality back on for the Glossary?

Thanks so much again for all your help!

Cheers,

Billy H.

Glossary filter.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

You say you downloaded the latest version. For some reason the version on Adobe's site is not the latest. In you output, click the Gallery button and select Indigo there and apply a different name, you can't overwrite an existing layout.

If that makes a difference, let me know and I will contact Adobe.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't say what version you're running, but if you're all patched up & it still happens (and happens with another layout too) report it as a bug in the Tracker (link on home page).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I have the latest and greatest RoboHelp 2017 Version: 13.0.2.334 installed, and also downloaded and also installed the latest Indigo template from the Adobe site.

I will look for the bug reporting link on the home page and hopefully they can get this resolved.

Is are any other Indigo template users experiencing this issue at all?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I vaguely recall something about having to call the newer version something slightly different (like indigo2) and reapply it to your SSL. See Peter's site (grainge.org for details, I suspect)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did actually try that trick awhile ago, with the re-naming of the layout, and still the same results persists.

Interestingly enough, I tried outputting the project in a different format (WebHelp Pro) and the Glossary does not seem to have a 'Filter' or search feature at all, but the Index does. (?) Maybe the Glossary just isn't meant to be filtered or searchable, but if so - why is that option there in the Indigo layout?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say you downloaded the latest version. For some reason the version on Adobe's site is not the latest. In you output, click the Gallery button and select Indigo there and apply a different name, you can't overwrite an existing layout.

If that makes a difference, let me know and I will contact Adobe.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, after trying every conceivable suggestion from Adobe Support Live Chat (including a complex re-coding of the whthost.js file) I tried your renaming from the Gallery suggestion Peter, and the Glossary is now searchable/filtered again!  Such a relief. Adobe clearly needs to update their site to the most updated version of the Indigo layout.

Thank you @Jeff_Coatsworth and Peter Grainge​ for your guidance once again, you guys are phenomenal.

Have a great weekend!

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have nagged Adobe on your behalf.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peter, much appreciated again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I experienced the same issue with the Glossary filter feature. I attempted reuploading the Indigo template and discovered that when I moved the Homepage and Topic page files from my updated (personal modifications), that's when the Glossary filter stopped working. So Adobe messed up something within the HTML (probably one of the JS tags) of the Homepage and Topic pages in the Glossary DIVs. I was able to fix the issue by copying and pasting the entire Glossary (and footer) DIV from the older, preloaded version of Indigo over the same DIVs in the updated version available from Adobe. I didn't feel like scrubbing the entire DIV to see exactly what was wrong, but it's probably a small typo. There are noticeable differences between the two versions on these DIVs, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp