• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Infinitely Recursive Folder Created in Output (RH 2019)

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I got infinitely recursive folder structure in the output with an upgraded project, I recreated the whole project solely in RH 2019.  I had no problem for days, but I did some tweeks and edits to content and now, all of a sudden, I'm getting the issue again. 

What happens is that a folder is generated in the output called "..." with an infinite set of subfolders also called "..."  And when I try to delete the folder structure, Windows gives me an error.

What could have caused this and how do I fix it in my project?  

RHIssue.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that screenshot from Windows File Explorer or inside RH2019 New UI? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.  That's from Windows, but it's the folder structure created by RH for the output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running RH2019 Classic or New UI? Are you all patched up? Check Help > Updates to check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good question.  RH2019 new UI.  New install without patches.  IT said they are doing a batch push of patches for Adobe products at a future time.  I didn't see this issue in the Adobe posted bug lists, so I figured I'd check here, if others had that issue.  But yes, it's possible that this could be resolved with a patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your version will depend on when you downloaded. Look in the Help menu to see your version.

I've not seen this problem in any version including beta versions so I don't think it is anything an update will fix.

Please use the camera icon to add an image of the structure in RoboHelp.

Are you generating to the same drive as the project?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Acording to this site - https://superuser.com/questions/1010544/how-to-get-rid-of-folder-containing-just-three-dots-pointing... - it seems some applications can create such a structure. I would get your IT to free you up to apply the RH patches asap before proceeding any further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp