• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Internal error encountered - generating PDFs

Feb 21, 2016 Feb 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

\Running in to an issue creating PDFs from RH 2015.

Can't generate from the sample propjects either. RH is install on C:\. Total file name path etc is only 98 characters.

Can create a PDF manually from Word docs.

We are on office 365.

Have installed the reg change on Peter Grainge's website.

Last bit of the log goes like this...

Failed the generate PDF file 'C:\RH_Projects\NAMEWNAME\NAMENAME\!SSL!\Printed_Documentation\NAMENAME.pdf'...

Failed to save 'NAMENAME.doc'...

Cleaning up temporary files...

Internal error encountered,  Failed to generate Printed Documentation.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which reg change in particular?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran this one. http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/printing/macro_version.zip

From this page http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/printing/print_issues.htm

It got rid of the VBA error message I was getting yesterday, but hasn't quite got me to producing the output.

I've tried both printed documentation and PDF output types - the only output I can get is a word file. I'm not able to get a PDF. In the sample projects it is the same. I assume something wrong when converting the Word to PDF but not sure where to look. I can save a Word doc as a PDF directly in Word.

I had a few macros in my Word doc that I imported, things to process image sizes. Not sure if they end up being consumed by RH or causing an issue but thought I'd note it.

Not much else that I've done in this project at this stage. I am able to generate other forms of output, webhelp, responsive html etc.

Thanks,

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was stated to be for Rh11 and Word 2013 but from what you say it is version agnostic.

From time to time I see this issue on the forum and there has never been a satisfactory solution. We have found that some people simply have to generate the Word document first and then generate the PDF from there.

Not the answer you wanted but at least you know it is not unique to you and there is a workaround.

Please follow this link and report it as a bug. The more people who do, the more likely it is to get investigated.

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp