• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Internal Page Jumps RH2019

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to RH (and html in general) and am in a situation where I am teaching myself how to use it. I have picked up a ton of information using these forums, but I have a few things I cannot figure out.

One thing I have been asked to do, is use links/hyperlinks to jump "down" the page to a specific location, i.e. a subtopic, image or definition. I have tried using bookmarks, but it just opens a new window, pop-up or re-opens the topic page in the same window. I just want to screen/window to jump down to a location I set on the existing page.

The second is having a "hover-over" that shows a litte window/textbox with the definition of a specific term.

I apologize for not knowing the specific terminology to use as I am learning this as I go as well.

Thank you for understanding my newbie-ness in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Welcome to the forums. Hopefully we can help.

I'll assume you're using New UI, but please confirm whether you're using Classic or New UI as the processes are very different.

Regarding bookmarks, I'll go through the full process, just in case.

What you do is you insert a bookmark where you want to jump to. Then you find the text where you want to jump from an insert a hyperlink. By default the link should jump down to where you inserted the bookmark. However, if you select the Frame radio b

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forums. Hopefully we can help.

I'll assume you're using New UI, but please confirm whether you're using Classic or New UI as the processes are very different.

Regarding bookmarks, I'll go through the full process, just in case.

What you do is you insert a bookmark where you want to jump to. Then you find the text where you want to jump from an insert a hyperlink. By default the link should jump down to where you inserted the bookmark. However, if you select the Frame radio button and change the value in the dropdown, you may get different behaviour. So make sure the dropdown is set to "Page Default (none)". (This concept applies for Classic, but the steps look a little different.)

Also note that if the page is short, you won't see the jump or it might not jump as far as you think it should, because there's not enough "space" at the end of the page.

For the "hover over" text, if your definitions are only a single paragraph and don't contain any formatting or images, you could try the glossary feature - the tooltip option sounds most similar to what you want. Have a look at the Glossary topic in the Robohelp Reimagined project that ships with RH2019 New UI. This only applies for New UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Amebr. Everything worked exaclty as you described!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp