• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Batch Generate available from new RH 2019 UI and command line?

Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see Batch Generate of outputs is supported in RH 2019 Classic, but how do I do it in the new RH 2019 interface? And what about via the command line options with the new version?

Thanks,

Alan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Quick Generate does the job of Batch Generation from the UI.

Command Line Generation generates a specific project.as it did in Classic, to the best of my knowledge. Not something I used but there is a page on my site about it written by Bill Albing and that seems to refer to a command line for each project.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look for Quick Generate top right in Author mode. Does the same job as

Batch Generate.

Look at the RoboHelp Tour on my site or the RoboHelp Reimagined sample

project. It is described there along with Command Line Generation.

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Thank you, I found it in the UI.

I don't see any reference to batch generation or quick generate as a command line parameter on your site or in the RoboHelp online help.

Thanks,

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick Generate does the job of Batch Generation from the UI.

Command Line Generation generates a specific project.as it did in Classic, to the best of my knowledge. Not something I used but there is a page on my site about it written by Bill Albing and that seems to refer to a command line for each project.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that clarifies it for me.

I was hoping to perform a batch generate operation from the command line so that I could generate multiple layouts from a project with a single command line operation. It appears I will need to execute a separate command line operation for each layout for each project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alan,

If you have multiple projects and layouts, you need generate a .bat file. Later, you can just double-click this .bat file and generate outputs for multiple projects and layouts.

You can create the .bat file by using the following code:

@echo off

cd C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 2019

RoboHelp.exe --cl <Enter Your complete project path with project name with extension> -o <Output layout or preset name>

RoboHelp.exe --cl <Enter Your complete project path with project name with extension> -o <Output layout or preset name>

pause

Project path Example: E:\Test\MasterHelp\Source\projects\Test1\Test1.rhpj

You can have as many project command lines as you want. Also, in your case, you need to ensure that your Robohelp.exe path is correct.

After you save the file, double-click .bat file to start the batch output generation. Also, in the command line, you can find out any errors such as "extra space errors" with project names and causing it to not generate the output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be interested to know if you have tried that. Just a nagging feeling that someone reported issues trying to generate running multiple instances in that way, albeit with an earlier version of RoboHelp.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's good to know. Thank you.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Yes I am currently using it to generate outputs for 8-10 projects (RH 2019 interface) and around 24 output presets. Till now, I have not observed any problem with running the .bat file except the extra space issue with the project folder name and project name that you need to take care of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great minds think alike: That's what I ended up doing as well. It does work.

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alan,

Did you install upgrade 8 for RH 2019? I am asking because, the .bat file  to generate output stopped working after installing upgrade 8 for RH 2019. I have also raised this with adobe support team.

I receive the following error when I run the .bat file:1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe are working on a fix as a priority matter.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not, and based on this error will need to wait to install it until the issue is resolved.

Thanks,

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not seen anything on the TCS Blog about RoboHelp 2019 Update 8. Can you provide a link to release notes or other info on what's in that update?

Thanks,

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the Announcements on the forum home page.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2019 Aug 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See the forum Announcements. There is an updated version of Update 8 available there to fix this issue.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp