• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to create expandable/collapsable text in Word 2016 that, when linked to RH 2015, is converted to DHTML expand/collapse text?

Explorer ,
May 09, 2016 May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks, discussion title is my question. Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,

Joe C.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 10, 2016 May 10, 2016

Sorry but there is no equivalent in RoboHelp. The logic behind how Word does it and how RoboHelp does it is different.

Is it necessary to create the source in Word?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'd be surprised to see that there was any way to accomplish that.

Is Word 2016 capable of even creating such a thing?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick!

Thanks for following up. Word does have Developer tools to create expandable lists, but I'm not sure that's what I need.

WebWorks offers a way to do this in Word/WebWorks using specific styles and markers. You "mark" them in the source, and during output generation, WW sees those markers and creates the expandable text.

Curious if there's a similar method in RH to achieve this with Word as your source, linked to RH.

Thanks!

Joe C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2016 May 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but there is no equivalent in RoboHelp. The logic behind how Word does it and how RoboHelp does it is different.

Is it necessary to create the source in Word?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2016 May 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it is not necessary to create the source in Word.  I'm working with some legacy projects in my new position and for a time felt that linking Word to RH would be the most efficient path forward. I have since come to my senses.  I can do much more in RH 2015.

Thanks for following up!  I've been reading your tips and answers on these forums and on your site for many years. Thank you for all that you do for the technical writing community.

Joe C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2016 May 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LOL and thanks for your kind words, appreciated.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thread moved to RoboHelp HTML forum category.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp