• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to customize the conditional text font color in PDF output?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RoboHelp 2015 for my project with a primary output of Printed Documentation (PDF).

I'm also using conditionalized text to single-source the output for users who want three different options in their output:

1) Widget A only

2) Widget B only

3) Both Widget A and Widget B

For review purposes only, I'd like to provide one single PDF that includes the content for both Widget A AND Widget B. Right now, all text is appearing in the default font color (black) so it's not possible for users to differentiate what is Widget A content and what is Widget B content.

My question: Is it possible to change the font color properties of conditional text, or even have it appear as shown in RH with the color-coded over-bar? I want users to be able to see the conditions in the output. It's a handy feature in FrameMaker (Show Condition Indicators check box) for reviews, but perhaps not available in RoboHelp?

Thanks for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2015 Sep 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you generate, the condition tags are stripped out so there is no way to manipulate them.

I raised a feature request for better reviewing options, and one of my suggestions was to retain the tags in the output so they could be styled. Feature#4039979 - Ability to track changes and generate/export to output

There's a voting option you could use on my item (shameless plug ) But who know what they might or might not decide to implement, so maybe it's better to raise your own item with the specific feature you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2015 Sep 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Amber. My work-around for now is to create two new character styles using color (Green=Widget A and Red=Widget B). I'll apply those styles to conditionalized text so reviewers can see the difference when reviewing topics.For final output, I'll just delete those two styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp