• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Robohelp 11 still available either as trial version or to buy?

Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded Robohelp 2015 the other day. A company from which we receive some help projects is using RH 11 while we are at RH 9.

To stay in sync and to be able to work on their project (we have to extract some portions and build our own HTMLHelp project/files)

we need keep up to RH11.

I found that the project build window in the left column (to build a Microsoft HTMLHelp file) is not there. There seem to be an item Microsoft HTML Help in the ribbon bar though. But despite from rearrangements of elements in a new look and feel (possibly WPF or sth.) I cannot see any advantage of RH2015 over RH 11 or RH 9.

And I don't think any improvements have been made on MS HTML Help generation since it was an obsolescent model for years anyway (but still being used in many places).

--

Christoph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2016 Feb 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is still available at Adobe, but they don't advertise it. If you want to download the trial, see: Adobe Direct Download Links Without Akamai Download Manager | TECHNOLUX There are links for RH9, but if you change the version in the file name, you can get RH11 as well.

As for licensing, Adobe doesn't sell the RH11 licenses anymore. A third party supplier might still have them around. But if you have a subscription plan for RoboHelp, you can also use that for your RoboHelp 11. In that case, you can run RH11 and 2015 side by side using the same license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Willam van Weelden schrieb:

It is still available at Adobe, but they don't advertise it. If you want to download the trial, see: Adobe Direct Download Links Without Akamai Download Manager | TECHNOLUX There are links for RH9, but if you change the version in the file name, you can get RH11 as well.

As for licensing, Adobe doesn't sell the RH11 licenses anymore. A third party supplier might still have them around. But if you have a subscription plan for RoboHelp, you can also use that for your RoboHelp 11. In that case, you can run RH11 and 2015 side by side using the same license.

Hi William,

thanks for the tip. In principle that is nice, but it turns out to be difficult. I'm on the page of TECHNOLUX and I found the RoboHelp9 link. Editing the 9 to 11 leads to a "file not found" error. It seems to work if I change the 9 into 10. But not with the "11".

Or am I doing sth. wrong?

--

Christoph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2016 Feb 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Looks like it is blocked now. I could downoad it two days ago. Now trying to do it again I'm getting an access denied although I'm logged in with my Adobe ID in the same browser session.

Well, I got it but still wondering...

--

Christoph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm coming back again to this topic: Having bought the RH2015 license now it turns out that I cannot use RH11 together with it.

It would be nice if I could though. Any means to ask Adobe support for granting this?

--

Christoph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can’t you use RH11 & RH2015 on the same machine? What are you seeing that’s stopping you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff_Coatsworth schrieb:

Why can’t you use RH11 & RH2015 on the same machine? What are you seeing that’s stopping you?

Because I bought a license for RH2015. What I had licensed before, was RH9.During the trial period I had RH-11 (trial) and RH2015(trial) running on the same machine. That was indeed no problem.

My thought just is: since RH11 isn't officially available anymore (just through the above mentioned archives), why wouldn't allow Adobe me to use an "inferior" version (one lower) to be compatible with my partner (RH11).

I got an advice meanwhile how I could achieve interoperability by exchanging projects on the base of .HHP files with deleting the .cpd before importing.

--

Christoph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so you missed the part where you needed to buy the RH9 to RH11 upgrade license (which would have got you RH9 and RH11 on the same machine), then purchased the RH2015 license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm no licensing expert nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but it's my own understanding that only a full license is really acceptable for allowing use of both an older and a newer version to coexist. At least, from the legal standpoint. Now practically speaking, I'm not sure it would really matter in the end and I don't believe anything exists that prevents it.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL – I think the upgrade price just entitles you to the newer version (probably for less than a brand new license); and the upgrades don’t get installed overtop of prior versions – so at one point I had RH9, 10 & 11 all on my machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was told by someone in Adobe, albeit not in the licensing section, that it was OK to buy an upgrade and leave the old version installed.

Whilst it is possible to mess about and be on different versions, it is not advisable. I have seen people report that on explaining the scenario to Adobe, they were able to get an earlier version download.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2016 Apr 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to all. I just learnt from our local distributor that there is a way to buy a "right to downgrade" for a low fee (50 $ or so)

and one would get a download link and a license key to use the inferior version in addition to the one one has bought the full license for.

--

Christoph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2016 Apr 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think Adobe charge. Try going direct.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp