Highlighted

Is RoboHelp for Word packaged with RoboHelp 11?

New Here ,
May 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Topics

RH for Word

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

New Here ,
May 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Topics

RH for Word

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. The last version to include Rh for Word was Rh10. Is there a specific reason for wanting to stick with Rh for Word? There is a learning curve with Rh HTML but it shouldn't be too difficult.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp & Authoring info. Use the blue Reply button at the top to help me help you.
The black Reply link nests replies and they sort out of order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a lot of RoboHelp 9.0 files and projects, and need to update some of them.  Unfortunately, I lost RoboHelp 9 for Word when my company upgraded us to Word 2010, and gave me a new laptop (on which Word 2007 and RH for Word 9 had never been installed). 

I now have a license for RH 11, but apparently it does not come with RoboHelp for Word.  And I can't go back to my old RH because it was on a different PC and wasn't compatible with Word 2010.

So here is my question:  HOW can I update the HUGE projects that I had in the old RH9/Word 2007 environment?  I read on here that RH HTML 11 cannot open old RH for Word projects, and I do not want to have to recreate the wheel of my content.

Any advice will be gratefully appreciated.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
May 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn’t realize this yesterday, but in RH 2015, there is a WebHelp to CHM Converter script that has this description: “This is the script file which shows an UI for generating CHM using the webhelp output.”

I don’t know if RH 11 has this script available, but if it does, you could convert your WebHelp output to a CHM file and then use the FAR tool to decompile the CHM into a HTML Help project. That would have a project file you could then open in RH 11.

I used to work A LOT in RoboHelp for Word and it wasn’t until Microsoft declared that Vista wouldn’t support .HLP files that I went (screaming & kicking) into HTML-based Help. I had ~100 WinHelp projects (all using Word as my content editor) that I had to convert to HTML.

Paul Hanson

Me Playing Drums: http://prhmusic.blogspot.com/p/videos-of-me-playing-drums.html

My (frequently ignored) Twitter: @prhmusic

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting idea, Paul.  Thanks very much!  I'll look into that.

It was the lack of support for .HLP files that drove me to create webhelp output format files.  They have worked well with my company's apps for context-sensitive help.  The pages themselves are .html pages, but the webhelp compiler let me build shared TOCs, Indexes, and Glossaries.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, I could have sworn I replied to this yesterday. Did you perhaps have two threads running?

One way to "convert" and upgrade is to create a new RoboHelp HTML project and choose to import the HPJ from the older WinHelp project.

Cheers... Rick

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did, Rick.  Very sorry.  Posted my initial one and then found a thread that seemed to be a better match.  Sorry about that, and thank you for your help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines