Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is RoboSource Control part of TCS 5?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2016 Mar 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Do I need to purchase RoboSource separately?

Prashant

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 24, 2016 Mar 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do believe that RoboSource is included as part of the TCS.

What folks most often grow confused about is RoboHelp Server. That one is a special and additional purchase.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2016 Mar 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Is RoboSource Control a separate component, Like RoboScreen Capture, FrameMaker in TCS 2015?

I cannot see RoboSource Control as a separate component/application in Prorams list.

Regards,

Prashant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2016 Mar 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

RCS is a separate component that you need to install separately as well. And it has more requirements such as an MSSQL server set up to store the topics centrally. So it's more complex than simply install and use.

Check your TCS download. You should find a separate RoboHelp Source Control folder.

On another note: I would advise against using RCS. It is old, unstable and a gigantic pain to set up. If you have the possibility, I would advise to look into Microsoft Team Foundation Server (there is a free version). That one is much more stable and easier to manage and use. There is even an online version (free up to 5 people) that doesn't require you set up a server at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp