• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to add a screen tip to an HTML drop down hot spot?

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2015 Sep 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to add a screen tip to an HTML drop down or expanding hot spot?  The hot spot displays as green text on the help screen, but short of writing an instruction within the help screen to have users click on the text, I haven't found any other way to convey this. A screen tip is preferable to a written instruction on the page because when I publish a user guide from the help, I have to painstakingly go through the document and remove all these references to "clicking on the green text". It would be ideal to have a mouse-over screen tip like there is for a hyperlink. Is there a way to do this? If not, can Adobe think about adding this feature? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 22, 2015 Sep 22, 2015

Hi there

For starters, you could apply a Conditional Build Tag to the text that instructs what is happening, then use a Conditional Build Expression to suppress that text when you target an output that shouldn't have it.

Adding a tool tip is pretty easy, but not intuitive.

Select the drop-down text, then look at the HTML code. Should look something like this:

tmp1.png

Amend the code as follows. Right after the class="dropspot" part, insert the following:

alt="Insert your text here" title="Insert your text he

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

For starters, you could apply a Conditional Build Tag to the text that instructs what is happening, then use a Conditional Build Expression to suppress that text when you target an output that shouldn't have it.

Adding a tool tip is pretty easy, but not intuitive.

Select the drop-down text, then look at the HTML code. Should look something like this:

tmp1.png

Amend the code as follows. Right after the class="dropspot" part, insert the following:

alt="Insert your text here" title="Insert your text here"

When you are finished, it should look like this:

tmp2.png

And after doing that, here's what my link looks like when I hover:

tmp3.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Eureka!!!

Here's the result:

Screen Tip for HTML Dropdown.jpg

Thanks, Rick!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp