• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to apply tabs or collapsible sections in the topic page?

Participant ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to use the help project for mobile and add steps for Andriod and iOS devices. Is there a way to include tabs or collapsible sections within the help page like in this screenshot from Twitter? As, we need to apply switcher based on device. I can only find expanding text.

mobile.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

In a responsive or frameless output your app would call the relevant page but there's no concept or context sensitive help in the mobile app. No way I know of that the help can sense the users device.

Dropdowns can be set to have a twisty such as an arrow. I haven't tested that in an app but most other features work so no reason to doubt. They are set up in the CSS as described in RoboHelp's own help.

I have only used twisties with dropdowns as do most others. Trial and error with expanding

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what you mean by "switcher".

Tabs are not an option. Dropdowns are an alternative to expanding text.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peter I mean having tabs or expanding sections to apply a plug-in, so when users on mobile device search for something, the page opens on the section related to their device.

For example, If a user needs to know how to submit a request and has an Andriod device, the help topic page for submitting requests will have sections called  "Web", Andriod", "iOS". But when they search, it shall open directly on the section for "Andriod".

As for expanding dropdown, is there a way to add a clickable icon beside the title like an arrow icon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a responsive or frameless output your app would call the relevant page but there's no concept or context sensitive help in the mobile app. No way I know of that the help can sense the users device.

Dropdowns can be set to have a twisty such as an arrow. I haven't tested that in an app but most other features work so no reason to doubt. They are set up in the CSS as described in RoboHelp's own help.

I have only used twisties with dropdowns as do most others. Trial and error with expanding text.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peter Thank you for your reply. I've checked the Twisty part in your Help site. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope there could be tabs or more flexible forms for the content in the page in the future. Have a good day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend the built in twisties done via the CSS rather than the twisty scripts. These were created for older versions when there was no built in option. I believe they will still work but the CSS method is easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have an email notification of a post that's not appearing in this thread. The dropdown can include images so I'm not sure why you are having a problem. Check the code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp