Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to edit the TOC tile in RH 2019 Frameless Skin

Participant ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am using the Frameless Skin on RH 2019. I would like to know if it is possible to edit the following:

1. TOC tile image - I would like to upload a customised image at the center for each tile. I did upload the image in Layout > Home Page > TOC Tile Images but i am not able to position it at the center. The default tile has got the image at the center of each tile.
  2. TOC list tile - Is there a way to only display the topics or books in the TOC title that I need. From my understanding, RH automatically picks all the topics or books in the TOC and displays it as a tile in the output. If i have 10 topics in the TOC, i would like only 5 of those to be available as a tile in the output. Please let me know if I can customise it as per need.
  3. TOC tile details-box - Is there a way to modify the details box. RH, do pick the topic name as the title for each of the tiles, I would also like to add a brief description to each. 
    Created a Feature Request for step 3: https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/RH-6952 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I haven't been able to resolve that one. I don't think it is so much the default is centred in its "frame" as that it fills it. When I tried with a smaller image it went to the top and centred there.
    I tried shrinking to "frame" but that shrinks the description box as well as leaves them a long way apart vertically. 
    What you could try is something similar to what you will see at http://www.grainge.org/pages/snippets/snippets.htm#html5. The logo you want would be the red area and you would put white all around. However, that would still have the effect of separating the image and the text. 
  2. The only way I can see of doing that is having five top level books and everything else further down.
  3. That sounds like a feature request. Please follow this link to report bugs or request features. https://tracker.adobe.com Post the link to your bug report / feature request in this thread and others can vote for it. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter for the update. I have created a bug for step 3.

For step2, can we set the count of TOC tiles? For example, if my project has 10 books, i would like only three books' names displayed as tiles in the output. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, the only way I see of limiting the number of tiles is limiting the number of top level books.

You could add a feature request. Please follow this link to request features. https://tracker.adobe.com

Post the link to your feature request in this thread and others can vote for it. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have added the fact that if you reduce the tile container, the description below does not move up as a bug. 

RH-7010

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp