• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to have an image update based on a selection (similar to a hotspot)

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm updating our help system to show additional Themes we have added to the software. (to change the look of the software)

We now have a total of 16 Themes. I'd like to show an example of each, so I'm taking a screen shot of the software with each theme applied to have all shown in the appropriate topic. As you can image, this would take up a LOT of space. I could make each theme name a drop down hotspot, but even that would take up a lot of space, since the user could have multiple drop down hotspots open at the same time. I was thinking, it would be AMAZING if I could have one image shown, and have it update when they click on another theme name. (The image would stay in the same spot, but update when another theme was clicked on)

I don't think this is possible in Robohelp 09, but I thought I'd ask you guys to see if anyone knew something I didn't.

The other thing that would work is if hovering over a theme name would bring the image in, but it would go away once your mouse was removed from the theme. This way, I could hover over a theme, see the image, then when I dragged my mouse to another theme name, the last would leave and the new one would appear.

Thanks in advance for you help / comments guys.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Hi there

Yeah, unfortunately RoboHelp doesn't really offer much in the way of tools that might help here.

One tool that it does offer would be the Image thumbnails option. I'm not sure what your output is, but if it's responsive HTML5, you could employ thumbnails to present the images as smaller icons that would then pop up the larger image as an overlay when clicked.

If you are instead doing something like WebHelp or a CHM delivery, you might investigate using an Inline Frame or maybe even a frame

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Yeah, unfortunately RoboHelp doesn't really offer much in the way of tools that might help here.

One tool that it does offer would be the Image thumbnails option. I'm not sure what your output is, but if it's responsive HTML5, you could employ thumbnails to present the images as smaller icons that would then pop up the larger image as an overlay when clicked.

If you are instead doing something like WebHelp or a CHM delivery, you might investigate using an Inline Frame or maybe even a frameset to have links that would open the image in question.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found an even better way (which I actually used in the far past and forgot all about lol)

I created a topic with only the image I wanted. Set the name of the theme as a hyperlink to that topic, and THEN, (the part I forgot about) set the options in that hyperlink  to "Display in auto-sizing popup".

Got ALMOST exactly what I was looking for!!!

Thanks again sir! You rule!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LOL, if only

I'm happy you got it sorted.

If I ruled, there would be no hunger in the world and no war. Sigh...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp