• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to manage the design of CSH, in terms of pop-up size, adding components, etc. Also, anyone has samples for the CSH output of RH 2015?

Participant ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm planning to have Context-sensitive help for our application and we need to know the design & interaction options for CSH. Can I manage the pop-up size, add components & change structure or it's limited to the form used in RH help itself? Also, I need to know if there samples for CSH behavior &  outputs.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

To the best of my knowledge, all the popup and other functionality is controlled by scripting. Of course, your mileage may vary based on different browsers, browser versions and browser behaviors, but by and large there are no real limitations you might see because a topic was opened using a context sensitive call.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 22, 2016 Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you. So, you mean that I can manage the final output design & behavior through CSS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2016 Sep 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uhhh, the initial thread was talking about CSH (Context Sensitive Help) and now you are asking about CSS (Cascading Stylesheet Specification).

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking because Output Design and Behavior could be influenced via CSS, sure. But CSH is just a way of connecting the help to an application. So I'm a bit confused.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 25, 2016 Sep 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captiv8r​ My question is still about CSH, but I mean how can I manage its design through CSS or what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Eman,

The default is a javascript popup, you can only control its size (Height and width), whether it is resizable and editable or not, scrolling, etc... But you can not override the basic look of the popup because it is a system object, you can only control its available properties.

If you want to customize the popup, you will need to use jQuery modal box, and use CSS to edit its style in the way you want to.

This topic illustrates different samples of Robohelp CSH and how to open it in a popup or a new tab:

Providing Web Applications with Context Sensitive Help Using RoboHelp WebHelp - CodeProject

To change the properties of the popup, it is done within the code, and if you don't know Javascript, it is better just to tell the developer to do it, if it is your role, this might help as an example:

"window.open('" + Label + "', 'popup_window', 'width=1024,height=768,left=100,top=100,resizable=yes');"

This shows comprehensive examples:

http://www.quirksmode.org/js/popup.html

If you need an alternative turn-key solution that works the same but is very simple and customizable let me know (I can share it with you).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp