• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to pull stats on how often staff click a UDV link?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2015 Aug 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A staff member has asked if he can have statistics on how often employees are sending a certain email to customers. The email in question is a UDV. Is there a way I can pull statistics on how often that UDV has been opened?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 28, 2015 Aug 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, I'd be very surprised if you could easily pull that one off. At least by staying in the cozy confines of RoboHelp.

However, I do know that it's possible to cause an HTML page to redirect. And although I've not researched it, I do believe it can be redirected to open an email. And assuming that you are talking about a system that resides on the web, I'm pretty sure that the web server keeps count on how many times a page has been visited. So it might be possible to achieve by replacing the email variable with an HTML page that redirects.

If I'm totally off my nut here, hopefully someone will come along and tell me why it can't be done that way.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2015 Sep 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First off, what kind of link are we talking about? If it simply opens a new mail in the default program (mailto: link), you're out of luck.

When you redirect to a page that is used to send the mail:

• You can use a URL shortening service. They can count how often a link is clicked. For example: goo.gl
  • Alternatively, you can point the link to a page the has a counter (something your developers will have to create) and let that page redirect to the email page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp