• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there an alternate method to using the editor in Robohelp?

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do most users of Robohelp 2017 use the built in editor? After using Microsoft Word and Publisher for all my documentation, I find the Robohelp editor to be very antiquated. 

Thank you for your response.

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Robohelp forum for you, where you are more likely to receive an answer to your question.

Note that the Community Help forum is for help in how to use the Adobe Communities. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You've responded in this fashion in multiple threads, all of which were started and responded to in English. The only way you got an email from here is if you subscribed to the thread or the forum. You will have to change your settings to stop the emails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like the Source view or the authoring environment? Many people use other tools for editing the output HTML, but not for authoring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 2019 New UI is very different but you need to keep in mind what you are writing goes in online help. The code created by RoboHelp in source view is very different to what Word and Publisher produce. Neither of them would understand build tags, for example.

Horse for courses comes to mind.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still write a lot in Word, copy/paste to Notepad, and then into RH. 

RH for me is mostly for setting up the online help, pdfs etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To All - Point well taken. Thank you for all the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp