• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there any way to customize the template of Responsive HTML 5 to insert hyperlinks?

Mar 30, 2015 Mar 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp 11. I would like to customize the template of Responsive HTML 5 and insert hyperlinks in the top band (header). Is there any way to achieve this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2015 Apr 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. But you will need to dive into the HTML/CSS of the layout.

In the Project Set-up pod, find the layout you want to edit (in the folder Screen Layouts) and expand it. Open the pages (Topic,Search Results, etc.) and switch to HTML mode. You can now edit the HTML any way you like. Look for the div with class header.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 03, 2015 May 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response!

When I tried this, during the generation of final output, all the modifications were lost and they reverted to the old style. Could you help me with this and suggest an alternative way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2015 May 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thread moved to correct forum. Existing links will still work.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2015 May 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which modifications did you make? To make a link, open the Topic.slp with Notepad++. In the <div class="header">, add any HTML you want. If you tell me the exact modification, I may be able to post an example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Header.PNG

Hi,

I would like to have the 'Header' display the above links/images in the top right corner (Responsive HTML 5). Also, they should not revert to the old style while generating the output.Hope you could help me out with this!

Thanks & Regards,

Shreya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post moved to HTML5 Layouts forum.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Any update on this?

Regards,

Shreya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this may have dropped off of Willam's radar. Hope this will grab his attention.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you tell me by when I can expect a reply? Please give high priority and update me as soon as possible!

Thanks & Regards,

Shreya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It did indeed drop of my radar, sorry about that.

It's not clear what you are trying to achieve, especially the text "Also, they should not revert to the old style while generating the output."

In the .slp, there is a table with the class headertable. You have to add a new table cell with the content you want. Then update the css (table.headertable) and the other styles to show the content yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp