• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Isolating published (changed) files

Mar 16, 2016 Mar 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In RH 2015 is it possible to isolate the files that are published (i.e. files that have changed since last build)?

What I'm trying to do is distribute just these files. We are in the situation where we distribute our application that is locally installed on our clients machines. We do this by sending a zip file for each build that overwrites changed files. Help falls in to one of these files, but sending a new CHM each time that is going to grow seems a but inefficient.

What I'd like to do is distribute the help as html that is stored locally. But rather than resend the entire build, I only want to send the files (and folder structure) that has changed from the previous.

Is there any way to get these files without manually trawling my own publish location?

Thanks,

Nick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

If your help is distributed as a CHM file, I'm unaware of any way to avoid sending along a fresh version of the CHM.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm wanting to avoid sending a CHM altogether by sending HTML help instead - but I just want to send the changed HTML files.

Thanks,

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you say "HTML Help", that means CHM.

I'm guessing you must mean an uncompressed format then. WebHelp, FlashHelp, Multiscren HTML 5 or Responsive HTML 5.

With any of those layout types you have an option of configuring a publishing destination. And one could use Windows Explorer to examine the publish destination and sort by date to grab only the changed files.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp