• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue: Automatically nested dropdown texts (RoboHelp 2019)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you create dropdown texts one after another, any subsequent dropdown texts will be nested into the previous ones. The only way to avoid this is to add empty lines in the document, and place dropdown texts onto those pre-existing lines.

How do you guys work around this? Is this expected behavior or a bug?

Suggestion: The dropdown text element could be made clearer in the editor, with a seam separating its contents and any subsequent elements that need to remain separate.

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure I am following. In the image below I created two dropdowns from consecutive string of text.

They are working as expected so what is the issue? I did this with 2020 for convenience but it should be the same for 2019.

image.png

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two things you can do.

1. Select View > Show > Expanding/Drop-down text boundary

2. Hover the cursor just below the end of the dropdown text to show an 'Insert paragraph here' marker. Click the little blue marker to add a paragraph outside the dropdown text.

Here's a screenshot with both things:

Amebr_1-1611877240218.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, that solves my problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note that you can get the 'Insert paragraph here' marker without showing the dropdown boundaries. The feature is also available on snippets and divs and other things like that.

But I prefer the boundaries on so I can easily see what's in my dropdown. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am going to keep using the boundaries, as it makes things more clear and is exactly what I suggested in my original post.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp