Exit

Issue in Generating Frameless, word, and PDF Output

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team,

I am using Robohelp 2019 latest UI since Jan 2020,

During that time all the outputs i have generated (frameless, Responsive HTML5, etc.,) went well. Last few weeks i am facing major problem in generating outputs. Those issues are:

A. Framless Output issues: (PFA)
------------------------------------

1. Tiles icons (.png) not loading. Cross checked the same in Templates folder images are available,
2. Header and Footer fonts allignments are not inline,
3. Left Panel contents allignments are not inline,
4. Container Background images are not proper (radius value is taking by default)

B. Word and PDF Output issues:
-----------------------------------

1. Except Contents. Index and Glossary are getting generated (.doc and PDF) same has been attached in attachments.

Note: Everything is working fine only with Adobe RoboHelp Sample Project. kindly guide me on this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my frameless output broke today

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearly it's a fundamental issue with your project as so many issues are arising.

1. I doubt it is relevant as the sample projects are working but do you have all updates applied. You should be on 2019.0.14.
  2. Is there any source control involved?
  3. Something must have changed in your environment. Have IT made any changes?
  4. Are these problems when you generate locally or only on a server?
  5. The online issues look a bit like skin changes could have gone wrong. Is that a possibility?
  6. Does this occur when you open an older backup?

Please use the photo icon to insert images within the post. Some supporters will not open attachments for security reasons and if you do download, you are then not seeing the image inline with the text. Then thanks to a quirk of this forum you have to close the thread and reopen it before you can reply. Crazy but that's the way it is.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Yes, all the updates are upto date (current version 2019.0.14)

2. No source control has involved.

3. From IT i dont think so. Yesterday i have generated Framless Output after deleting toc went well. But today again i have generated Framless Output with customized themes all alignment are mismatching.

4. Locally only.

5. No skin change i have done. After this issue only i deleted and newly configured. Eventhough the issue is still exisiting.

6. No, i am not opening any older backups.

Also, I have reinstalled RoboHelp and tried. It dosent work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thought might be that shyam.sathya's build is corrupted, but I am having the same issues. I thought that my build was corrupted too. Before it was just my frameless output using the orange skin, now I can't output to pdf but I can output to frameless with oceanic skin.

My tiles disappeared. I rebuilt my TOC and they returned.

I contacted Adobe for support. I was upgraded to 2020. I have a few minor improvements but still experiencing major issues trying to compile the build. 

On the mater of stable back-up files (I have many), I think opening them in Robohelp is corrupting those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am awaiting for the justification and correct answer from RoboHelp team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@shyam.sathya did you contact the RH folks already? There was no mention of that in your posts so far. See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your support contact options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@shyam.sathya @teresab82435819 

Can you share the project? If you can, then see the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

In this case

1. Also send a separate email describing your issues so that I know what relates to which project. 
  2. State clearly your version as shown in the Help menu.
  3. If you have a backup that you believe to be clean, send that too. If it is from an earlier version of RoboHelp, please indicate which.
  4. Tell me which output(s) is/are broken and how. What specifically is wrong?

If you can't share, then you will have to follow the link Jeff gave you for Support.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you send anything, have you both tried creating new presets? I'm wondering i somehow they have got corrupted. Try that first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Grainge,

Thanks for the response,

Even though issues are still existing. 

1. I have sent my Project File separately as guided by you.

2. 2019.0.14

3. I have used my backup project file. But, the issue is still existing.

4. Both the output:

a. Frameless For e.g. (Home Page > Topic section > Container > Layout > Padding) like this many issues Tile Icons are not loading, Topic Page > Left Panel > Container > Alignments, etc.,

b. PDF (as per https://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh_tour/rh2020/outputs/outputs_pdf.htm) Metadata, Master Pages, Advanced options are not enabled. PFA for the same. The issue still existing after installing Java JDE ver 8.

Kindly Provide us an effective solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@shyam.sathya sent their project but the zip file was corrupt and the email did not contain their specific details so that I didn't have to split out their issues from those of @teresab82435819 

I emailed back but have not heard, presumably as the weekend has interrupted. Meantime I am beginning to wonder if @teresab82435819 was right to suspect the project has somehow corrupted.

So:-

@shyam.sathya Please create a zip file making sure the project is closed at the time. Also send me an older backup of the project from before this problem started. Send that via WeTransfer and then email me with the following as requested.

1. Detail your issues so that I don't have to split them out from those of @teresab82435819  
  2. State clearly your version as shown in the Help menu.
  3. Tell me which output(s) is/are broken and how. What specifically is wrong?

@teresab82435819 I will look at your project as well on the same basis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@teresab82435819 @shyam.sathya 

Did either of you get this issue resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp