• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with Robohelp 8

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am encountering Appcrash everytime I try to open a project. The project was working fine but now is giving the following warning and then closing.

Robohelp Issue.png

Any help to resolve the issue will be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Check whether another project will open. Try one of the sample projects.
  2. What operating system are you on. See https://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/kb/robohelp-operating-system-microsoft-word.html for compatibility.
  3. What output are you creating? Anything other than CHMs will almost certainly have issues with modern browsers.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter for your response. It worked for sometime after I restarted my system but the issue seems to be back. I am using Windows 7 OS and the Robohelp version is 8. The output that I generate using my project is a .CHM file.

Not sure how to handle this error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the link I posted, RoboHelp 8 was not compatible with Windows 7. Sometimes apps will work on an incompatible version but a change to that can change that. There have been some security changes to Windows 7 so maybe that's the reason. Just a guess.

When a program that is long out of support is used on an incompatible platform, there's not much that can be done.

I'm sorry but I can't help you on this one.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Peter. I looked at the knowledge base article that you shared earlier and was wondering whether the incompatibility is the reason for appcrash.

Will check if I can install it on Windows 8 and see if that works. 

Thanks again.

Regards,

Abhishek Sinha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not a chance - if RH8 needs XP to run, your only option is to try running in compatibility-mode or inside a VM that's running XP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp