• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues after upgrading from Robohelp 8 to 11

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am no expert in Robohelp having picked up support for our product's help fairly recently so I might be missing something obvious to experts here.  However, I had a project in Robohelp 8 and upgraded to version 11.  The upgrade seemed to run fine and I could generate my HTML help file.  But when I open the file, while I do get the correct default topic the window caption is incorrect.  It actually uses the same caption for all help topics.  I am also missing the Contents, Index and Search pane.  I compared my generate options to those in version 8 and everything looks exactly the same.  Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Hello again

For CHM files, the Window title is typically defined in the Window Properties found in the Project Set-up pod.

So open that pod, then double-click the window you want. Change what appears in the Window Caption field.

tmp1.png

When you generate the output, be sure you are pointing to the desired window:

tmp2.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the output?

Microsoft HTML Help (CHM format), or WebHelp or something else?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a CHM file.  I also need Webhelp output but haven't gotten to trying that out yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing I just noticed that's different: the eHlpDhtm.js file that is generated by Robohelp has this variable defined on version 11:

var HH_WindowName = "select||bogus||tshoot||softcopy||(w95sec)||options||main||task||main ruleWorkshop-supplied Window||uxt";

On version 8 it's:

var HH_WindowName = "main||select||task||uxt||options||tshoot||(w95sec)||bogus||softcopy||main_ruleWorkshop-supplied Window";

When I look in Windows under Project Set-up "select" has TOC & Index unchecked (while "main" has it checked) and "select" also has a Window Caption of the bad caption I'm seeing on all my windows.  So it's looking like it's using the wrong one of these but I see nowhere I can change which one is used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

For CHM files, the Window title is typically defined in the Window Properties found in the Project Set-up pod.

So open that pod, then double-click the window you want. Change what appears in the Window Caption field.

tmp1.png

When you generate the output, be sure you are pointing to the desired window:

tmp2.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and for WebHelp output (when you get there) you configure the title bar text in the SSL properties.

Open the Single Source Layouts pod and double-click the WebHelp layout. Then in the properties, you change it there.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!  Changing the default window was the key.  I still have to wonder what changed during the upgrade since on version 8 building with a value of "<Default>" for the Default Window worked when it doesn't in version 11.  Is there a place to select the default window that I'm not seeing?  I'd think that setting would have been carried over with the upgrade.

In any case, leaving the Window Caption blank for the window I want to use and selecting that for a default window when building seems to do the trick.  I assume it's taking the Project Title from the Project Settings when I leave the Window Caption blank - that works perfectly for me since I only have to change it in one place when the product version changes since that version is included in the caption.  I'll try out the WebHelp soon - thanks for the tip on that also.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp