Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Javascript function error

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm receiving two JavaScript errors in my compiled Help project:

1. The value of the property 'registerListener' is null or undefined, not a function object

2. Object doesn't support property or method 'trim'

Using: RoboHelp 2017, HTML - compiling as WebHelp.

Background: Each year I edit the header/footer file and update the year, then recompile and republish the project to our server. I installed a new version of RoboHelp this year, and evidently hadn't worked in the project until I went in to update the year, so I was prompted to upgrade the project (which I did). I'm not sure if the upgrade caused the issues but it seems suspicious. After publishing, the javascript errors started.

At first, we were receiving the error 'gbAIRSSL' is undefined. A coder reviewed the error and asked me to insert this line (var gbAIRSSL=false;) in the header of whver_nc.js file. It fixed the original issue but created the registerListener issue.

From our Help menu in the program, we have a few single topics listed for direct access to them (licensing, about, etc.). On each of those topics is a Show link that opens the main Help project (TOC, index, etc.). When the Show link is clicked, the Object doesn't support property error appears.

You can click No to running additional scripts on each of these errors and the requested topic/main project will open, but we'd like to have that happen without the errors.

Any help would be appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The gbAIR error is very old and I haven't seen it reported for years. It's mentioned in this thread gbAIRSSL is not defined after publishing and viewing default topic

Are you definitely generating WebHelp rather than WebHelp Pro? the latter requires RoboHelp Server and you haven't mentioned that.

Is it failing locally or just on the server?

Have you tried generating to a fresh folder?

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I found the original post you referred to for the gbAIRSSL error, so knew the "fix" provided by the coder was correct.

I am compiling in WebHelp not WebHelp Pro and not using RoboHelp Server (only publishing to a network folder/server).

I do not get the error if I open the file directly (published to a local network folder and then opened through IE). I only get these errors if I open through our program. I suspect it may have to do with the associated ASP file. I've copied code from that file below that deals with the Show link.

<!--
if (window.gbWhTopic)
{
if (window.addTocInfo)
{
addButton("show",BTN_TEXT,"Show","","","","",0,0,"","","");

}
if (window.writeBtnStyle)
  writeBtnStyle();

if (window.writeIntopicBar)
  writeIntopicBar(1);

if (window.setRelStartPage)
{
setRelStartPage("../Advisor_Workstation_Office_3.htm");

autoSync(1);
  sendSyncInfo();
  sendAveInfoOut();
}
}
else
if (window.gbIE4)
  document.location.reload();
//-->

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm sorry but I can't help you issues relating to calls from the program.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp