• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

JAWS not announcing when new help page opens

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to a comment that I received, JAWS should announce something like "New page opening" each time a new online help page is selected/opened. Is there a way to add something to trigger an announcement each time a new help page opens?

Using Robohelp HTML version 10, with WebHelp as the output.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, WebHelp output is just a collection of HTML files combined with a frameset and some JavaScript. There is nothing I'm aware of in RoboHelp that you might specifically do to change anything. If this were a simple web site, are you aware of what code might need to be in place? If so, that might give us a start on examining what (if anything) can be done on the RoboHelp side to influence things.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I kind of figured there wasn't anything on the RoboHelp side. I'm going to check with a few developers to see if there is anything on their end that can be done.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this reference in the RH7 help which seems to imply you need to compile Section 508 compliant help? I could be barking up the wrong tree though, as I haven't done any work with accessibility requirements.

About WebHelp's accessibility

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2015 Jul 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes,  I've seen this content----and WebHelp is complied.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp