• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

JS error after Update 3 - Responsive HTML 5

Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated RH 2017 with Update 3 and when I try to compile Responsive HTML 5, it won't load. There's a JS error with our customized Azure Blue screen layout.

I have 2 questions for Adobe:

1. When will you fix this?
  2. When will you go back to beta testing before releasing updates? Releasing buggy software is unacceptable.

RH2017 JS Error 2018-01-03_15-27-45.jpg

Thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Psst, you realize you're NOT talking to Adobe here, right? This is a user-to-user forum where Adobe staff occasionally peek in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I knew I'd get your attention. So what's the scoop with this error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You think I'm an Adobe employee?? I'm not - hint: you'd see "Staff" underneath my name badge. ;>)

As for what's happening in this case, there's a number of troubleshooting steps you can try:

- is it happening with all browsers or just one?

- does it occur if you use one of the sample projects?

- does it make any difference on where the output is located - local LAN drive vs. Web server?

- you mention "customized Azure Blue" screen layout - have you tried it with the "factory" layout or any other layouts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's find the problem first and then have a pop if it is an Adobe issue.

There isn't an Update 3 to RoboHelp 2017. If you click Update in RoboHelp, the only content is for FrameMaker if you have TCS installed.

First check RoboHelp File > Help and confirm it shows 13.0.2.334. Then take a fresh copy of the layout by selecting it again from the Gallery and giving it a slightly different name such as AzureBlue2. Update 2 contained a new version of the layout but you have to import it afresh.

It looks like you are generating to a network drive. Try with the project and the target folder being local.

If that does not help, I notice the issue is with loadprojdata.js. It could be worth trying the files at Tracker (Adobe's bug tracking). The other possible issue is a long path name. Try moving the project nearer to the root of the drive.

Post back after trying those things.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information. £$0

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well Peter, that worked. I customized indigo with out corporate colors and it working in both IE and FF. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take it the new copy of the layout is what fixed it? So no bug?

Have you tested the search in IE? If that hangs, then try the files I pointed to. Although the problem is reported as a bug, my understanding is the issue was caused by a browser change after the RoboHelp release.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information. £$0

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I talked to RH tech support at length. There's a corruption in the layout I had customized. The gal spent hours on the phone with me today going through the file and trying different things.

To get reproduce this, you go to Output Setup > Right-click - EDIT on the layout. I changed some colors. That's it. Nothing else. Then click SAVE AND PREVIEW.

HOWEVER, this is reproducible regardless of whether or not I change any colors, so I'm thinking it's a bug that Adobe needs to fix. I'm talking with tech support again.... stay tuned...

RH JS Error 2018-01-04_15-48-05.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you will find it's a bug only in Preview. Generate the layout and I suspect it will be OK. Try that and post back.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information. $£0.00

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. That's exactly what's been happening, like I said above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feel free to fire up the Bug Tracker and log your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think this might be the answer.

The Logical Blog by IconLogic: ADOBE ROBOHELP: Getting Around Preview Errors

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL - OK, you got me there.

- It's happening in both IE11 and FF. We aren't "allowed" to use anything other than IE 11 at work, so

- We don't use Web server

- I tried using the Charcoal layout and got an error there, too.

- I haven't tried sample projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp