Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

JSX: TopicManager vs. ordering

Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I re-order the topics by jsx after a

RoboHelp.project.TopicManager.importItem( MYPAGE, '' );

There exists no topic.insert() or similar.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no option to sort/order that I am aware of. I believe it presents you all topics based on the folder structure of the project. The best way would be to check whether you need a topic every time.

What are you trying to achieve that needs sorting? I saw another post about the TOC. You can use the TOC.autoCreateTOC to create a TOC based on the files in any specific folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not understand in which order the project manager displays items, when the Topicmanager is different. Why then we do not also have access to the internally used data base?

For me the whole JSX integration is far away from being finished. I found so many bugs, missing and bad documented things, that I do not even find time to document them. Maybe nobody is really using it in this depth, but a real nightmare are all the HTML conversions necessary for TOC, index, file and XML usage.

Also the ExtendScript debugger crashes often (always requires to close RH and the debugger) and the "disabled breakpoints" issue is more than annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are not too many people using scripting as it's quite technical. The documentation leaves to be desired, that's a fact.

The ExtendScript toolkit is bad and I avoid using it as much as I can. I avoid breakpoints and use alerts instead. Works much faster in my experience.

Have you seen my RH extendscript library? (RoboHelp ExtendScript Library | WvanWeelden.eu) I've created many features for RoboHelp that you can reuse. I use it to make developing my scripts a much easier and faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp