• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard shortcut for restart numbering?

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2015 Oct 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

During my latest project overhaul (1100 pages, touched everything to correct styling and changed incorrect file name / title matching, I had a thought about numbering.

After 500 pages or so, It get's old having to click the multi-level list button, restart numbering at 1 and apply the style.

Is there a shortcut for setting numbering back to 1 for faster numbering edits?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 12, 2015 Oct 12, 2015

Unfortunately not. The only thing I can suggest is something like Macro Express where you can automate all sorts of actions.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2015 Oct 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately not. The only thing I can suggest is something like Macro Express where you can automate all sorts of actions.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, I had asked a similar question a few weeks ago and tried Keyboard Express, not realizing the differences to Macro Express.

I know Macro Express has an email for those interested in custom macros, but I wanted to ask if you had anything to offer other than yours listed on your website for Robohelp specifically. (I primarily use RH11) I can get these captured of course, but I'm interested to see what you're using for quick style application. (for me, this would be for mass edits in huge projects primarily using 7-10 regular styles)

*I am using FAR for inline style issues due to importing word docs from incredibly various sources, and despite my own pre-formatting macros and occasionally having to CRTL+A , CTRL+spacebar, it of course doesn't fix everything I would aim to.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2015 Oct 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You would need to set up the macro yourself to make it work on your machine. It is not difficult. You simply set Macro Express to copy your actions and I have found keyboard actions are more reliable than mouse actions. The latter rely on where you click the screen so if your window is a different size to when you recorded the macro it can have unwanted results.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp