• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layout frame not appearing for webhelp called using rhmapid

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using rhmapid to open my application's context sensitive help at page and panel-level, i.e. .../index.htm#rhmapid=<Map_ID>. We're calling it in a separate target window in our application. It's Responsive HTML output generated in Indigo layout through RH2017.

We're facing below 2 issues while opening the webhelp in the target window:

1) The layout frame is not appearing and only topic window is shown without search, sidebar and header panes. If the same URL,i.e. .../index.htm#rhmapid=<Map_ID>, is hit in the browser window then it is correctly appearing in complete layout with search, sidebar and header panes. If we hit URL as .../index.htm i.e. without rhmaid then the help is correctly appearing with the complete layout frame around it in our application.

2) On opening page-level help, it first opens the default/index page, then navigates to required mapped page with lag of few seconds in between.

Is there any other way to call help with MapIDs other than rhmapid method? I tried by using rhwnd parameter but it's not working. I have added the script given in forum Context-sensitive topic appearance - Indigo template (RH2017) for all my topics to fix the issue of opening help in different layout than mine. I can not switch to URL method as we're implementing page/section and field level helps.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

This was resolved just by RH2017 Update-2 which I missed to upgade my RH with and few file fixes given by Adobe for IE.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was resolved just by RH2017 Update-2 which I missed to upgade my RH with and few file fixes given by Adobe for IE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp