Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

learning robohelp 2020 trial

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

I am a Technical Writer and used robohelp before about 5 yeas ago.  I am learning the latest version 2020. Here are some initial questions i have that I was seeking help on:

1  I cant find information on how to create a style from scratch can someone please send me the steps?
2. When you you actually publish your project?
3. Has anyone tried the publishing output to Zendesk and if yes do you like it?
4. I was able to merge my older robohelp file and generate it in this version of Robohelp. When i generate my project samples to various outputs, the only one that works with my pop up glossary definitions is webhelp? The other outputs generate and my links work but not my pop up conditional help any idea why?

5. Please remind me when I use map ID's. They are seperate from glossary pop up right? is that the conditional help? I am getting confused between expanding text, drop down text, glossary popup. Please explain.

thanks

Caryn Drovie

Moderator - Email address removed to avoid spam. Also answers should be here to help others.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry I missed this post.

1. Open the CSS in the Style Editor. Either amend an existing style or right click the groups and select New Style. The options are on the right for font, colour and so on.
  2. You generate whenever you want to view the content in finished form. You can send those files to your developers when ready or you can publish to a location they specify or to where the user will access them.
  3. I haven't seen any feedback on that.
  4. I think the preset needs checking. See the options under Content > Glossary Style.
  5. Map IDs are nothing to do with the glossary or condtional help. They are how the developers call the help.
    Expanding Text = User clicks on a link, additional text appears alongside.
    Dropdown Text = User clicks on a link, additional text appears below.
    Glossary Popup = User clicks on a word linked to the glossary, the definition pops up.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp