• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Link Frameless Topic Page Button to Topic Page (Merged Help)

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue where my site is prompting for a login like the help site being called anew when a custom Topic Page Button link is clicked.

Version: RH 2019 New UI (latest update)

I am following Peter Grainge’s rules on merged help and ZoomSearch.

Created a new frameless output, and imported help topics from classic UI. I have been able to generate and use the help successfully with HTML5 & Frameless skin.

This is a merged help project with child projects in the parent:

one.png

I generated ZoomSearch files and page in the search_files folder in the parent.

The Frameless skin is imported into Parent & Child projects before generating output, so they are all using the same skin.

I need search.html to be available from every page in the help (including merged children).

On the Frameless skin, I replaced the Topic Page Button for Search to go to the Zoom search page, and this is where I’m running into issues.

1. I cannot define an absolute path. The site is uploaded to 2 domains (test & production), so the link must be root relative.
  2. Link field: Does not appear to work the same way the “Custom URL” field worked in HTML5 layouts. In previous versions, I could enter a relative path (/search_files/search.html) in the field.

Could I enter some data here to get to the topic?

1. OnClick field: window.open("/OnlineHelp/search_files/search.html", "_self")

(Or should it open to _parent?)

• On Local Host, I can do this without issue.
    • Page opens from parent and child topics inside the help “wrapper”
    • Clicking a result opens in the help
    • Clicking Back on browser bar opens last results in the help
  • Once I upload to the domain, this solution prompts for a login (but the token should be good for 1 hour).

I am wondering how I can get that link to open the search page without "reloading" the site, which is what is causing the auth token to refresh. 

TOPICS
New UI , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I offer guidance, not rules. 🙂

1. I'm not sure why you created new projects as you could simply have upgraded. That's what I am reading but correct me if wrong.
  2. If you look again at my page you will see that only the parent needs the skin configured to how you want it. All the child projects can have any old skin of the same type (frameless/responsive) so there was no need to copy the skins across unless you will also be generating the child projects standalone.
  3. Links should still be relative.
  4. RoboHelp does not have any login requirement so I don't know where that is coming from. It must be something you or IT have set up.
  5. When you click on any link in a frameless output, a new page is loaded. The RoboHelp Tour Introduction (grainge.org) on my site is a frameless skin so you can see it happening there. Unlike Classic the URL changes completely. No log in though so whatever is triggering your login is what needs to be looked at.
  6. I haven't tested Zoomsearch in 2019 New UI or 2020 but it should still work. What you will find more difficult is hiding RoboHelp's own search.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp