• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Link FrameMaker Book to RoboHelp 2019 Project?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated to RoboHelp 2019 and I am tyring to link a FrameMaker book to a new project, but the files do not generate. I create a folder, right-click, select link, and then choose my FrameMaker book. I then right-click on the linked FrameMaker book and select Create Topics. Some actions are performed under the hood and a prompt tells me HTML files have been created......but that is not the case at all. 

I am unable to open the files to view anything at all. After linking a book in RoboHelp 2017, I would select Generate and my HTML files would be created and available for viewing and editing. 

How can I get this to work in RoboHelp 2019? I have been unable to find decent resouces on this issue and I am not going to link Word documents, which RoboHelp 2019 seems to prefer over FrameMaker, for some reason. 

This is a very basic function that many users peform. 

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that no topics get created in RH after the linking has been performed? Did you set up the mapping to convert FM content to RH styles and pagination? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am saying that no files are generated after linking my FrameMaker book file and selecting Create Topics. And no, I did not set up any Mapping settings. Is that required for the topics to generate? It was never required before. I always optimized the conversion settings after the topics were generated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK it's always been required if you wanted the FM content to be busted up into topics (pagination) based on paragraph tags. The settings could be stored in a .isf file for reuse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I misspoke, you do have to have the pagination set to divide the topics (divide on heading 2 in my case), but the book files would still be generated into HTML topics without the preferred pagination settings in place. You'd simple re-generate after the setting your pagination. However, in this case, no files are generated at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which flavour of RH2019 are you trying this in? Have you tried a test of Importing FM content into a blank project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated, so I should be on the latest RH2019 version. I have not tried importing as I will need to project to be linked (easier maintenance). But I'll give that a try after I try your earlier suggestion of setting the pagination preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flavour of RH2019 = Classic? or New UI?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahhh, I see. New UI RH2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp