• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking Problems in RH 2015 using Windows 10.

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Robohelp 2015 with Windows 10 OS.  Is RH 2015 compatible with Windows 10 yet?  I'm having problems with the software not responding, particularly when creating or editing a hyperlink.  When I click OK, nothing happens.  My coworkers are running Windows 7 and using RH 2015, and they're not having any issues.  We're troubleshooting the problem, and would like more information to determine the cause.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might need Update 1 if you don't already have it. The latest is Update 2, so check that you are up to date on patches.

Release notes:

Resolved in Adobe RoboHelp (2015 release) and subsequent patch releases.

Download links (or use the in-built updater in RH):

Adobe - Support : RoboHelp Support Center : Service Releases

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 2015 is Windows 10 certified after application of patch 1.

We have also released patch 2. You can apply the latest by Help drop down at the upper right corner> Updates as shown in image below:

updates.png

This will show you the latest release available and you can then apply it.

Let us know if you face any issue even after applying the patch. We are right here to help you out.

Thanks and Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2015 Dec 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help.  I applied the patch, and am still having the same problems with creating and editing hyperlinks.  It seems like it's not a Windows 10 compatibility problem then.

What else should I try?

Thanks again; I appreciate your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have tried it on Win10 but it is working fine at my end.

Can you please share the file or a small zipped project which has this issue?

It will be easy for us to debug the issue.

Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help.  Unfortunately, company policy doesn't allow me to send files to outside sources.

My cowokers are working on the same project with no problems, both using RH 2015.  They're on Windows 7, and I'm on 10, leaving that as the biggest variable.  I'm also working on a loaned company laptop that is running Windows 7, and am not having linking problems.

Will let you know what I find out.  Thank you for your time.  I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company would prefer if I didn't send a project.  The larger one that I'm working on has existed for years with no problems, and these problems are only occurring for me just now, after being added on Windows 10.  Other people are able to work on it now, and are not having problems.  Has anyone else had similar problems?  We're using an SVN system to work on the project simultaneously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It might be worth pointing out that Surbhi is a member of Adobe's staff and it is Adobe to whom you would be sending the project. However, it seems likely this is not a project problem as the project works for everyone else.

I guess the first question is whether anyone for whom it is working is on Windows 10?

I am not a source control user so my knowledge here is sketchy but have you tried just taking a fresh instance of the whole project?

Could you check one of the sample projects into source control and see if you then have any problems with it?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp