• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking to a CSV file in Robohelp

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RoboHelp 2019 and am trying to link a CSV file in my project. 

I'm working on some online help files for a client and need to include a sample layout of a CSV file since they have to use specific column headings and other formatting. When I publish (Responsive HTML5) and click on my hyperlink the file downloads as an Excel file instead of a CSV and all the formatting is out of whack. 

I've tried placing the CSV file into the assets folder and linking directly out to that, but when I search for the file in the hyperlink panel/tab it won't display the CSV file. When you select "File type>All files" in the browser, CSV isn't in the list of file types. 

I have a coworker who was able to do this on a previous project using an older version of RoboHelp 2019, but he doesn't remember exactly what he had to do to get it to work and we've tried everything we can think of. Does anyone have any suggestions outside of using an Excel file and telling them to save it as a CSV? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put it in a zip file.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I publish (Responsive HTML5) and click on my hyperlink the file downloads as an Excel file instead of a CSV and all the formatting is out of whack. 

I would expect it to want to open in Excel but as a CSV file. Check the format.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Putting it in a zip file worked. Thank you! I should've thought of this on my own but completely drew a blank. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could try using the "download" attribute on the link, although I'm not sure if RH would have a fit about it:

https://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_a_download.asp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp