• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking to other help pages like ServiceNow

Participant ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently authoring in Rh2020 (V3.0.0).  I have built a page and I have links to a secondary webpage created via ServiceNow program.  Our company security model requires us to authenticate using PingID before we enter the secondary webpage.

Problem: The end users click on the ServiceNow link and receive a HTML 404 error if they are not authenticated into the ServiceNow Portal.

Questions: Has anyone worked with this before?  How do I create a hyperlink in Rh2020 that will go to a specific page and not error?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there's anything to do in RH - there should be code in the other site that forces them to login if they're not already authenticated. If you "hit" the same page in the other site just from your browser, do you get the same behaviour?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding Jeff.  

If I launch the ServiceNow webpage from a new browser or tab, I do have to authenticate. 

I am hoping to have a link that causes the user to authenticate, then have the page load.  Instead, it just comes up with an error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp allows content to be generated to ZenDesk but it doesn't have a feature to then link to that content from your output. The idea is more about allowing your ZenDesk users to also see help project content rather than the other way around.

All RoboHelp can do is access ZenDesk via a URL the same as if you are using a browser. If log in is then required by your security model then the security model is doing what it has been set up to do.

I'm thinking that an automatic login from something you don't have to log into would breach any security model.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peter Grainge - wrong thread I think. I think you wanted this one - https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp/zendesk-articles-not-updating/m-p/11841032
@Rebecca McF - you used the exact same link that RH has in your browser outside of the RH output & it stopped you for authentication? Or did you just hit the index page of the other website?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

Thank you for your question.  I dug a little deeper into my links and found some interesting facts.

If I link to the main page, the authentication will come up and I can log into ServiceNow.  

Our ServiceNow page has forms we fill out for various reasons.  If I link directly to a form, it will error.  I think this is due to the fact the forms will auto-populate with my information in them.  This creates a 'specialized' link that is tied to me.

I just need to reformat my links to the home page and guide my users to the correct forms.

I appreciate the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right thread but quoting Zendesk instead of ServiceNow.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peter for your comments as well.  It is helpful and I am confident about the security of the page we created and the pages we are trying to access.  We have been very careful to consider the security model.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am not saying that there is anything wrong with your security model, rather that it is doing what you designed it to do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter - I understand.  Sorry if my posting was misunderstood. The information posted by you and Jeff has been very helpful.  I think I have it figured out now.

Link to the home page then guide the user to the correct page/form with text/graphics. 

Thanks to all!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp