• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking Word docs - Style differences

Contributor ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been continuing my war with linking Word docs into my RoboHelp project. This has me baffled.

First, I ran a Word macro that puts the name of the style assigned to the paragraph in brackets. <[AHCISListNumberLevel01]> means Word style AHCISListNumberLevel01 is assigned to the paragraph, and <[AHCISListNumberLevel02]> means Word style AHCISListNumberLevel02 is assigned to the paragraph. What I can't wrap my head around is when I look at my HTML5 output, step 1 shows the <[AHCISListNumberLevel02]> style as left-aligned with the number 1 (which is wrong) but under step 3, <[AHCISListNumberLevel02]> is indented (which is correct). What am I missing?

2017_03_20_MappingWordStyles.jpg

Eternal gratitude awaits anyone that can solve this riddle!

Paul Hanson

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

As a follow-up, if I select a list that has multi-levels in my linked Word documents and apply a pre-defined list in Word, I am able to generate my HTML5 output and see what I expected. Thank you to all who offered suggestions – much appreciated!

Ultimately, I will have ~100 Word docs linked to this project so it was very important to get this to work correctly.

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peter - that's what I thought, but the resulting doc file doesn't seem to represent what the OP was showing as a multi-level list example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using the List Number 2, List Number 3, List Number 4, and List Number 5 styles from the Import902Import Tests.doc file.

I am continuing to work with with Adobe Tech Support. The test project they sent to me works fine on their side, but this is what I see:

The investigation continues ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As a follow-up, if I select a list that has multi-levels in my linked Word documents and apply a pre-defined list in Word, I am able to generate my HTML5 output and see what I expected. Thank you to all who offered suggestions – much appreciated!

Ultimately, I will have ~100 Word docs linked to this project so it was very important to get this to work correctly.

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My point was not what the macro is supposed to do but any side effects.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp