• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Locate button in HTML output

Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was a great review Jared(Review at https://community.adobe.com/t5/RoboHelp/My-RoboHelp-2019-Review/m-p/10645169#M126594)and I agree with you on many of your topics! I'm pretty new to RoboHelp and I thought I'd just give it a shot and ask you a question of mine. I've just upgraded a project from RH Classic to "Re-imagined" and I have trouble getting the "locate"-button to appear in the HTML helpfile (after generating the output). I have already "clicked" the "locate"-box in the Window Settings. Is there something else I can do to make the "locate"-button appear in my output again (just like it does in the Classic version)?
Capture.PNG
I am really greatful for any answer you could give me.

Thanks,

K.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Is the window selected in the preset the one with the locate button? I created a new window, ticked the check box and then selected the window. Locate button present.

clipboard_image_0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

clipboard_image_0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kajsaros1 I have branched your post to a separate thread as it is more about a specific question that others might also have. In Jared's thread, it will get a bit lost.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Output mode, look at Window Settings > Window Properties. There is a Locate check box there.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The check box is already "checked"...and still no locate-button appears in the generated helpfile. So that's why I'm asking if anybody might know what the problem is...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the window selected in the preset the one with the locate button? I created a new window, ticked the check box and then selected the window. Locate button present.

clipboard_image_0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! This worked. Thank you very much for your help!

/K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kajsaros1 - I don't know how much help I can be as I no longer have my RH 2019 trial. Also, it's been a couple of years since we switched from .chm outputs to HTML 5 outputs. I'm sure RH still has some kind of underlying xml file that controls the Window's properties. In Classic RH, this was in a file called rhwnd.apj. There, in the xml code, under the window's definition, they'd have a buttons tag:

clipboard_image_0.png

The value 12366 clears the Location check box.

The value 14414 marks the Location check box.

You might want to look into a similar file in Re-imagined version and and see if maybe something got messed up in that during the conversion of your project. Perhaps editing that directly will fix this issue. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jared Very different in 2019. If kajsaros reponds with it still not working I'll poke around some more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

clipboard_image_0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you!! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp