• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Logging user search terms

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been asked to log the search terms that users put into search in a RoboHelp HTML project so we can identify what our users are looking for when they use the search function. Has anyone done or have an idea of the best way to do this? We are also implementing google analytics, I'd be interested in any opinions on this - pitfalls, issues etc.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are various threads about Google Analytics such as the one at Re: Robohelp 2015 Responsive HTML 5 layouts and Google Analytics I can't add any more to those as I haven't attempted to use that for search terms. There is a Google Analytics Support Forum where you could ask about tracking searches but be aware they will not have any knowledge of RoboHelp.

You can track searches user RoboHelp Server but that is an additional product that needs to installed on every server where the help is hosted.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Peter, I have used google analytics on other web sites but just wondered if there had been any issues that others had experienced with online help sites.

On tracking user searches I will look at using RoboHelp Server but I don't think my organisation will consider implementing it. If anyone else has a solution or advice that would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp