• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loosing dita tags during ant conversion

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this company, we use a script to convert our .xml files created in FrameMaker into .html files for use in RoboHelp to generate help.

But I am loosing formatting only in my reference files. We use definitions lists (<dl>) extensively in the reference files but the heading tag (<dlhead><dthd>) is being lost and the heading is displaying just like any other definition tag (<dt>). As shown here:

Before running ant conversion (.xml):

<dl>

<dlhead><dthd>Interval section</dthd></dlhead>

<dlentry><dt>Interval Type</dt>

<dd>Select the interval type: Repetitive,

Not Repetitive, or On Request.</dd></dlentry>

After running ant conversion (.html):

<dl>

<dt><strong>Interval section</strong></dt>

<dt class="dlterm">Interval Type</dt>

<dd>Select the interval type: Repetitive,

Not Repetitive, or On Request.</dd>

Since this is immediately after running ant, it can't be a stylesheet problem, but after two hours of diagnostics, I don't know where to look. I am a writer, not a techie.

Any help is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this ever worked before? If so, what's changed? If not, what are you actually importing or linking in RH (what versions, btw?)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We recently upgraded to Adobe Technical Communication Suite 2017. Once we have run the script to do the ant conversion to .html files, we wind up with an .hhp file that we import into RoboHelp. But I put a pause in the script so that I can see the file before it gets imported. So this is happening with the Adobe Ant stuff.

Apparently this has been happening since before I joined the company, but no one wanted to find a cure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not familiar with your workflow at all, but do you have some Conversion Settings set up in RH to control how to treat incoming content? That's the normal flow when dealing with FM content coming into RH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We do, and that part is working fine. The problem is that the tagging is getting lost before it gets into RH.

I appreciate your help, but maybe I posted this in the wrong forum, but Adobe doesn't seem to have a forum for ant issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I think so - your issue doesn't really have anything to do with RH I think. You should just be able to suck HTML pages into a RH project directly; however if the "ant conversion" (whatever that is), is messing up some of the content coming out of FM, then I think you need to look at that part more closely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp