• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost my projects

Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2015 Mar 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First - recently purchased RH v11, after using 8 for many years. But that has nothing to do with this issue.

Due to a series of catastrophic events, I lost my VMware drive (where I create my content) and my backup drive as well. I do have a backup on an external drive from about 8 months ago. I create content locally, then publish to a webserver for our users to view over our intranet.

I pulled the content down from my webserver, but there is no .xpj file. Old backup has a lot of extra folders (under !SSL!, WebHelp, WebHelp_Pro), which I'm thinking are unnecessary. So - thinking of the following, and wondering what people might advise is best:

1. Use the old files from the backup and recreate data. I think I'd shoot myself.
  2. Copy everything under each project from the backup into the projects I downloaded from the webserver into my old local folders, but don't overwrite any existing files
  3. Any other suggestions? No, we can't get back the old drive, and yes - tried to get the recent backup, it's gone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my gosh! What a nightmare.  That is my biggest fear. I'm hoping our resident experts can help.

Did you try using data recovery software?  We use Spinrite at home. My husband recovered data for the place we take our dogs for boarding and grooming AFTER the Geek Squad told her the data was gone after her drive crashed. (No faith in the Geek Squad anyhow, but even less now.)

https://www.grc.com/sr/spinrite.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As you have the output, there is a free method on my site and Willam van Weelden has a script that does the job much more easily for a reasonable fee.

http://www.wvanweelden.eu

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp