Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Macro frequently used RH11 styles?

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2015 Sep 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

After doing some searching over the past few days incrementally, I'm almost assuming this isn't possible, but I'm praying there may be a way to do it.

My company has a specific StyleSheet that we use for almost everything. A few weeks ago I asked (like an idiot) how to make all styles viable in the Styles and Formatting window, and of course it was simply by taking off show preview.

I do high volume project maintenance (changing the headers, general formatting, master pages, overall look, ect...) of very large projects daily, all averaging between 600 - 3000 topic pages.

I've gotten pretty fast at general changes and style selecting, but no matter WHERE i search, I can't find a way to keyboard macro frequently used styles.

Here are my questions / desires for this task.:

-Ideally I would want to macro between 7 and 16 styles.

-Is there a way to replace current general RH shortcuts with these desired styles? (I use a few default shortcuts, but not many)

-If I can replace them, can I just pick which to keep and use every other slot for my styles and maybe,.. say ... Clear Formatting?

-If it isn't possible to do this, is there an add-on / helper to do this with?

Thanks for looking and hopefully advising.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 29, 2015 Sep 29, 2015

You are using a different app to the one Rick suggested. I have used Macro Express with Rh for many years and wouldn't work without it.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2015 Sep 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You might take a look at a little product named Macro Express.  I linked to it from the text.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2015 Sep 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem I'm having with the Keyboard Express program is the response time. I could just as easily do the formatting with styles and be a paragraph down by the time it responds. I need something nearly instant, so I'm now on the hunt for a Keyboard Express like program, maybe a bit newer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2015 Sep 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are using a different app to the one Rick suggested. I have used Macro Express with Rh for many years and wouldn't work without it.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp