• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

mailto: Links Result in Newly Composed Email After Word Import

Contributor ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a new one: I have a Word file that I'm importing that has a mailto: hyperlink defined. During import this appears to trigger RH2017 into composing a new email to the hyperlink's email address (luckily it doesn't send it). I do see the link appear properly in the project file's "URLs" list.

Any idea why RH is doing this? I'm using Office 365 Word/Outlook and RH 2017?

Thx,

-David

Message was edited by: David Hauck (add Outlook as Office 365 app in use)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is definitely weird. Can you share the document?

If you can, see the Contact page on my site. It's OK to attach the document

to an email rather than using WeTransfer.com.

On the file name issue, as I said, I will see tomorrow what happens here.

When you email, let me know if the doc you send will will also have that

issue or give me a file name that will.

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx again Peter. Unfortunately I can't share the document, but I'll see if I can trim it to something relevant first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just responding back in this thread to indicate that we've both now seen this (after I passed along the simple document I was able to construct to illustrate this). And, yes, you can share the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tested this issue in both 2019 and 2019 Classic. No email is opened during the upgrade.

I suggest contacting Adobe Support as they may have a fix given that it works in 2019. Otherwise report it as a bug.

Please follow this link to report bugs and request features. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

https://tracker.adobe.com

Post the link to that bug/feature in this thread and others can vote for it.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, the same thing happens if you import an HTML file that has any link. For example, when I create a new help module, I import the splash screen, which includes a link to my company's website. When the import completes, the website opens in the default browser.

(I've voted on your report and added this info there, as well.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should that read "any external link"? If yes it might be worth amending the

bug report so it doesn't end up "No fault found"

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very good point. Yes, I mean any external link. I updated the comments in the tracker as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And this has started happening again... The originally submitted ticket (with example Word document), RH-2813 on tracker, should be re-opened (I've left an additional comment there). The same file results in the same Outlook compose email window appearing when imported into RH2019 Classic Update 12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd recommend opening a new ticket. I'm not sure they look at closed tickets (certainly I never received a response when I asked about a ticket of mine that was closed).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please send me the document again. I didn't keep it after you reported the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It you still have the emails I sent, attach the document to the last one and send it back so that I can see what I said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, I think you have access to tracker, right?

https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/RH-2813

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the link I have accessed it but I couldn't get to it with a search.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it happens in both 2017 and 2019 Classic. I haven't tested again in 2019 New UI but no reason to suppose that version is not still importing OK as it did before.

I think the only thing you can do is as Amber suggested. Create a new bug, reference the old one and point out is not just a 2017 Classic issue but it is also happening in 2019 Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp